[pp.int.general] Artificial Scarcity

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Mon Nov 9 20:31:09 CET 2009

> Another thing I heard about two years back is that "our society
> ironically treats limited resources as endless, and endless resources
> as limited."

BRILLIANT!

For the rest: beware of economic arguments ("scarcity" is an economic
concept). Economics is a pseudo-science. Economists failed to predict the
present crisis, and fail to solve it. Economists favour free markets, but
anyone who tried to travel by train in the UK knows what "free markets" can
entail (for Germans: the present S-Bahn disaster in Berlin is the same! And
that is just because of the prospect of a potential future IPO!) The
proposal has been made to skip the Economics Nobel Prize for a couple of
years, acknowledging the dreadful failure of economic science lately (it is
a fake Nobel Prize anyway) - but there arrogant economists continue like
nothing happened.

Amelia, tell the "Sveriges Riksbank" who grants the "Nobel" Prize in
Economic Sciences to STOP!!!!!! You can tell them in Swedish.

reinier