[pp.int.general] Artificial Scarcity

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:06:20 CET 2009

Lazy late reply:

2009/11/6 Ryan Martin <ryan.martin at pirate-party.us>:
> Are any of the international parties talking openly and often about the
> Pirate Party movement being 'against artificial scarcity'?

Yes, there is.

A large part of the Swedish PPs more liberal groupings would for
instance argue that any state created monopoly with the purpose of
keeping consumption bad is generally bad for the consumer and the
market.

Of course, this doesn't translate into negative opinions on
capitalism, since capitalism's largest problem is overproduction not
artcificial scarcity.

Another thing I heard about two years back is that "our society
ironically treats limited resources as endless, and endless resources
as limited." Perhaps that is a better start for an argument on
intellectual property rights than the artificial scarcity one.

sincerely,

> There is talk of it here in the US and I'm looking for PP precedent.
>
> --
> Ryan Martin
> Administrator
> United States Pirate Party