[pp.int.general] Translation of the Pirate Manifesto

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:11:07 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM, David Arcos <david.arcos at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/10 Félix Robles <redeadlink at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> I did not write them. of course not - else I would not disagree. It was
>>> written by a fellow Pirate from Spain (should I repeat his name?) yes, I am
>>> aware that we had lengthy debates early this year. That was eventually the
>>> reason that I visited the meeting in Helsinki - and then I discovered that
>>> the *real* PP leadership (falckvinge, Engström) was *totally* unintested in
>>> this "manifesto-mania". And they are right! Absolutely right!
>>
>> Falckvinge and Engström are leaders of the Swedish PP only, AFAIK.
>
> The "C" Manifesto was not written by 1 person, but for people from most
> pirate parties:
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto#Who
>
> And the parties voted for/against some amendments:
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_First_Voting_Cast_Votes
>
> So the Manifesto was not a one-megaloman work, but an open and collaborative
> document discussed and voted between the pirate parties from all over the
> world.
> (Note that the Uppsala Declaration was the opposite: "secret",
> non-collaborative, non-discussed and non-voted)
>

> Do I remember well?

You do. You forgot the part, though, about it not being even mentioned
to other parties, before it was released *in our names* to the media.
i'm not making any comments on the contents, but the very method of
it's creation and passing makes the Lisbon Treaty look like a paragon
of democratic virtue, and ACTA seem open - at least we knew about ACTA
beforehand.

Don't mind Reinier, though, he's got a habit of ignoring anything that
isn't what he wants, and/or miring everything in senseless
double-talk. Classic case of a lawyer in love with the sound of his
own voice, Very little of what he has to say is important (or
relevant) so just do what increasing numbers of people are doing,
killfile him.