[pp.int.general] Translation of the Pirate Manifesto

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Fri Nov 13 16:02:40 CET 2009

> This kind of personal argument is not contributing anything to the PPI
> mailinglist.

Agreed! With all the fuzz though, we should not forget that initially there
was a *genuine* question: which manifesto should be translated e.g. into
Italian, if any? I haven't seen a manifesto proposal yet suitable for
political purposes 1) for promotion 2) as a set of principles binding
pirates. In a volunteer organisation like PP, everyone can make proposals.
But for external "marketing", the words should be chosen very carefully. We
should not communicate any "preliminary" manifesto. It could  cause a lot of
harm. Better no manifesto than a bad manifesto, imho.

reinier