[pp.int.general] Translation of the Pirate Manifesto

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:31:39 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:
>> This kind of personal argument is not contributing anything to the PPI
>> mailinglist.
>
> Agreed! With all the fuzz though, we should not forget that initially there
> was a *genuine* question: which manifesto should be translated e.g. into
> Italian, if any?

And yet again, Reinier, you prove you can't read, and can't check.
There was no question, beyond how to translate 'grub', which was
answered.

There was a statement about translating them into Italian, which came
a little laterand said "I and another guy are translating all the
drafts." No questions, no asking for opinions (certainly not yours)
and absolutely no basis, or even mildly conceptual way you could
derive that "*genuine* question" from the ACTUAL conversations in the
thread.

>I haven't seen a manifesto proposal yet suitable for
> political purposes 1) for promotion 2) as a set of principles binding
> pirates. In a volunteer organisation like PP, everyone can make proposals.
> But for external "marketing", the words should be chosen very carefully. We
> should not communicate any "preliminary" manifesto. It could  cause a lot of
> harm. Better no manifesto than a bad manifesto, imho.

Or, to paraphrase your entire line of arguments on this (over the past
year) best not make any arguments, because someone can always come up
with a counter-argument, even of dubious viability.