[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Nov 17 01:33:26 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 01:16 +0100, coretx wrote:
> One of the most hilarious quotes on this subject is something roughly
> translated as ;
>
> "Most drivers will pay less money because of this system, and more
> people will use public transportation because of this, which is good
> for the environment"
>
> I gues we all know why this does not compute :P
>
> One thing is certain.
>
> - It will be a huge privacy invasion.
>
> And i'm already selling legal "howto make variable output GPS jammers"
> kits.
> If only a few people use this, at random timing, the whole system will
> collapse.
> And yes, you can outfit GPS jammers with selfdestruct mechanisms; ergo
> get rid of the "evidence" when caught .
> When privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy ;)
>
> What we don't know is, will this be good for the car owners , or will
> this be good for the environment ?
> This question, might be a nice attack vector.

I suppose the question is 'how far are you prepared to push the
now-existing laws and technology that defeats them'?

Freenet, Tor, nym.alias.net ... intellectual curiosity has always kept
ahead of surveillance technology.

Anyone who looks at current bittorrent trackers will see
xyzzy.onion.web2tor.net tracker addresses. Lord Mandelson in the UK says
"persistent filesharers" will be cut of in 2011. I disagree; copyright
will be unenforceable.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil