[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Nov 25 22:02:55 CET 2009

    A proposed requirement that all bicycles must be equipped with RFID tags
    met some opposition because of the privacy issues. Now a trial with
    about 1000 bicycles in our capital has been started, and now Big Brother
    hopes that some of the bicycles in the trial will be stolen and found
    again, giving Big Brother the excuse he needs to require RFID tags on
    all bicycles. The goal is a law that requires that all bicycles are
    equipped with RFID tags.

I wonder if it would be possible to make signs good for putting on a
bicycle, saying "Don't put a spy in my bicycle!" or something to that
effect.  It could be a way to inform the public about the issue and
show opposition to the plan.