[pp.int.general] About TELECOM statement.

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Sat Nov 28 17:52:36 CET 2009

ninHer ha scritto:

> Have all of you (pirate parties) agreed with Engström's statement
> <http://christianengstrom.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/landmarks-in-the-telecoms-text/>?.
> If you do, why? And if you do not, why either?
>
> Apart from this, in the light of Uppsala Declaration
> <http://www.piratpartiet.se/nyheter/european_pirate_platform_2009>
> which states the need to “adhere to the highest standards of
> democracy” and also follow.”principles as transparent government”, and
> considering that the pirate movement actually has one MEP in the
> Europarliament (going to be two beginning in December 1st 2009), is
> going to be normal and frequent having Swedish Piratpartiet MEPs
> visiting the PPI list in order to:
>
>     * explain their parliamentary activity,
>     * explain what do they vote and why, and
>     * make themselves available to the applause or criticism from the
>       rest of pirate parties?
>
> Best regards.

The official stance of the Italian PP is that the failure of the package
after the introduction af the article 1.3a would have been more
dangerous for the european citizens than its adoption, and that the
Telecom Package as it was approved is a step in the right direction.
Athos Gualazzi wrote an article explaining it that will be published on
our page, hosted by the newspaper "Gli Altri" every Thursday.
I will translate it and put it on this ML tomorrow. In this article we
also express our support for Engströ//m's work.

Regards,//

--
Marco Confalonieri ass.prom.soc. Partito Pirata (PP Italy)
http://www.partito-pirata.it