[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Sun Nov 29 22:39:06 CET 2009

On 29.11.2009, at 22:00, Reinier Bakels wrote:

> Have the German railways changed the system recently? A couple of
> months ago I still had to present the credit card I used to pay the
> ticket.
>
> Counter or travel agencies are no alternative: extra cost and a lot
> of trouble, and not available for foreigners. Remember that you have
> to book early to get a favourable price. If you buy a ticket just
> before the train leaves you pay twice as much compared with a
> (common) reduction scheme.

Ah. sorry, i have misunderstood the point of criticism in here.
no, they have not changed anything in recent past.
They insist on presenting of an "id-card" that one
have to choose at the time of the booking. (it can
be a credit or a debit card or a "bahncard" - a
German railway rebate card with a photo and name)

This is true only for online bought tickets.
even if you chose to pay them with direct withdrawal,
you still have to enter and present a credit card,
even if no money is being charged from it.

This is also true for tickets transmitted on the
mobile phone as an MMS.

In the faq they say, that the number of the credit card
(or the other id-cards) is being used for decrypting
the 2d-bar-scan that is encrypted with the number.
I don't know how much this is true.

Gregory