[pp.int.general] Big Brother in NL?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Nov 30 16:52:44 CET 2009

    How does the US handle its large
    number of illegal (hispanic) immigrants?

This is a big political issue, mainly between employers an working people
who think that illegal immigrants take their jobs.  I do not follow it,

I am sure there is some pressure to do what the NL did and force people to
show an ID (not the national ID card since there is none) to see a doctor,
so as to deny medical care to illegal immigrants,

There is an "English-only" movement in the US which succeeded in
abolishing bilingual education in California.  Supposedly this is to
force all the immigrants (legal or not) to learn English, but I think
its main effect is likely to be that hispanics get worse education.