No subject

Thu Nov 5 14:38:21 CET 2009

and they will all be the x-ray scanners.

2010/1/11 Alexander Bock <alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de>:
> Am 11.01.2010 um 14:49 schrieb <bakel362 at planet.nl> <bakel362 at planet.nl>:
>>
>> Does anyone know whether these scanners use X-ray (R"ontgen)? If they do=
, they are a health risk, however low the dose is. X-rays are high energy r=
adiation (for thoese not familiar in quantum physics: this is not a matter =
of the amout of energy in watts: it is entirely determined by the frequency=
 of the radiation - based on Plancks formula). The actual percentage of peo=
ple contracting cancer because of these scans may be low, but a high number=
 of people multiplied by a low percentrage still is a substantial number of=
 people. A cynical calculation would be to compare that number to the numbe=
r of potential terrorist attack victims. I guess the latter i lower. But ra=
ther I would say: any checking method affecting health is *wrong*. Affectin=
g privacy is bad enough.

> They are using Terahertz radiation. Very low energy, non-ionizing, somewh=
ere between infrared and microwave. See for example http://en.wikipedia.org=
/wiki/Terahertz_radiation

> Alex

--=20

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.