No subject

Thu Nov 5 14:38:21 CET 2009

especially to know in person more of you but, maybe we didn't understood
some things.
For example, we see this meeting as a administrative one, set up to
legitimize a leadership and make a working structure as required by some
law.
Still, we fail to understand how a PPI will practically help the pirate
movement on some more concrete subjects. It comes as a reality the fact that
between each national borders, PPI cannot be involved since it cannot have
the capacity to deal with local problems. On the media exposure, also
national PP's can handle the problem very well and with a more focused
impact. About the EU/EP problem I, personally, do not see a PPI acting
similarly as a EP grup since, again, it can't be one.
I might miss the bigger picture but now the added value on this issues,
given by a PPI still eludes me.
Enough about the problems, let's get to the good parts.
PP's clearly have their origins in the Swedish ideas and greatly benefit
from their example. Now, more brains could make things more interesting and
finding a way to  exchange ideas and work together on issues that cannot be
changed locally is very important. I see PPI as a platform just for that.
For establishing such a platform, it is less important how to administer it,
how to vote or how to decide on administrative tasks, as long as the end is
meet.
Maybe we should understand that PPI is not EP and no binding decision on
national matters could ever be taken here. Still, we should also recognise
that globally the problems we tackle cannot be solved by only one country.
They shoul be fought globally and our efforts must be coordinated. Ex:There
is no point in getting the majority of votes in a national parliament as
long as for a member state a European Directive could be applied directly
and make all efforts futile.
The fact that established PP's are sustaining the effort comes natural, and
from my part those actively involved in making PPI a reality deserve respect
and consideration.
Some might argue that a idea exchange does not require face to face
meetings, but our movement has outgrown the Internet. We have all went in
the streets some time ago and brick and mortar politics is what we are
involved now. In the afk world, face to face meetings are indispensable, and
once a year every organization can find the human and material resources to
participate.
That's it for now. We will come to Brussels and hope to meet many of you.

Cristian
Spokesperson for Romanian PP

--00c09fc2bef1f212b2047d7031a6

The current discussion raises some legit questions but on organizational ma=
tters not on principles or vision ones so lets rant a little on the subject=
.<br><br>From Romania it seem to be a good idea to participate in the meeti=
ng, especially to know in person more of you but, maybe we didn&#39;t under=
stood some things.<br>
For example, we see this meeting as a administrative one, set up to legitim=
ize a leadership and make a working structure as required by some law.<br>S=
till, we fail to understand how a PPI will practically help the pirate move=
ment on some more concrete subjects. It comes as a reality the fact that be=
tween each national borders, PPI cannot be involved since it cannot have th=
e capacity to deal with local problems. On the media exposure, also nationa=
l PP&#39;s can handle the problem very well and with a more focused impact.=
 About the EU/EP problem I, personally, do not see a PPI acting similarly a=
s a EP grup since, again, it can&#39;t be one. <br>
I might miss the bigger picture but now the added value on this issues, giv=
en by a PPI still eludes me.<br>Enough about the problems, let&#39;s get to=
 the good parts.<br>PP&#39;s clearly have their origins in the Swedish idea=
s and greatly benefit from their example. Now, more brains could make thing=
s more interesting and finding a way to=A0 exchange ideas and work together=
 on issues that cannot be changed locally is very important. I see PPI as a=
 platform just for that. For establishing such a platform, it is less impor=
tant how to administer it, how to vote or how to decide on administrative t=
asks, as long as the end is meet.<br>
Maybe we should understand that PPI is not EP and no binding decision on na=
tional matters could ever be taken here. Still, we should also recognise th=
at globally the problems we tackle cannot be solved by only one country. Th=
ey shoul be fought globally and our efforts must be coordinated. Ex:There i=
s no point in getting the majority of votes in a national parliament as lon=
g as for a member state a European Directive could be applied directly and =
make all efforts futile.<br>
The fact that established PP&#39;s are sustaining the effort comes natural,=
 and from my part those actively involved in making PPI a reality deserve r=
espect and consideration.<br>Some might argue that a idea exchange does not=
 require face to face meetings, but our movement has outgrown the Internet.=
 We have all went in the streets some time ago and brick and mortar politic=
s is what we are involved now. In the afk world, face to face meetings are =
indispensable, and once a year every organization can find the human and ma=
terial resources to participate.<br>
That&#39;s it for now. We will come to Brussels and hope to meet many of yo=

--00c09fc2bef1f212b2047d7031a6--