[pp.int.general] PPNL needs to capitalize on this

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Fri Oct 9 21:40:18 CEST 2009

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) skrev:
> It is imperative that oldmedia (press, TV, radio) in every country
> associates these kinds of issues (due process of law, copyright fraud
> events, etc.) with the local PP representatives and call and ask for
> comments. PPSE is there since 2006. I believe PPDE has gotten there. In
> order to get there, you need to see these catalyzing events for what
> they are, and BE THE NEWS SOURCE for THE OLDMEDIA.

This is important. If media knows they can get more and better news if
they get information from us, we get heard, and we get our message out
into oldmedia. When we are mentioned in oldmedia, we get attention - we
can see this both by visits to our website and by number of new members.

We are still not here in Denmark, as they are in Sweden. But more and
more journalists have learned that we can be an important (and
accurate!) source of news, and have started calling us when they want to
write about our issues.

A recent example: Recently a danish newspaper printed and distributed an
entire book that was not yet published, because there was a risk that it
would be banned by the courts. Wednesday a journalist who was about to
write about it called me, and I had a good chance to describe our
copyright policy, and say that commercial exploitation of new works
still would be illegal if copyright was reformed as we would like it.
And yesterday I could read that this message got through in old media.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.