[pp.int.general] Current Progress of the Coreteam

Patrick Mächler patrick.maechler at pp-international.net
Sun Oct 11 17:07:51 CEST 2009

Dear Pirates

This is a digest of the coreteam meeting minutes of the past weeks. We
eventually came to the conclusion that from now on we would make send
out digests presenting the progress and important decisions by the
coreteam in an informal way, while still providing those who are
interested in all nuts and bolts with the formal meeting protocoll
(they are also necessary for us as well).

Since the last publication, there have been 4 coreteam meetings and
there is one addendum to make to the one from September 3rd: Namely
that voting is carried out among coreteam members and that Moira
Brüllisauer's role is that of an advisor.

On September 7th we continued the work on the PPI logo design
(including legal issues) and general introductions for PPI press kits.
Laurent Le Besnerais aka cwicket was appointed as new head of the
techteam. We are constantly looking for helping hands. If you are
interested in helping out in the techteam, please contact him by
Laurent.LeBesnerais at pp-international.net
The goal of the translation team is it to have at least one person in
every language available. If you are interested in helping out the
translation team, please contact Enrique.Errea at pp-international.net

There were also changes within the coreteam. Nicolas Sahlqvist was
appointed as treasurer
( nicolas.sahlqvist at pp-international.net ), Ralph Hinterleitner
stepped down as CAO for personal reasons. Will Tovey (
will.tovey at pp-international.net ) from PP-UK took that position.
Currently we are looking for a coreteam member to take over Thilo
Schumann's position, who unfortunately cannot afford enough spare time
for leading the GFX/FILM + Grassroots & Socialmedia team
We agreed upon a more explicit responsibility allocation between
coreteam members. It can be seen at
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Coreteam_Responsibilites

PPI will also support the forming PPs in Serbia, Slovakia
Also we'd like to mention that a PP in Luxembourgh was founded on 4th
October (currently about 150 people)

In other news there is an ongoing discussion about the telecom package
that is discussed at EU level. We'd like to ask all EU-based PPs to
inform themselves about the issue and to take action.

Last but not least we agreed upon a PPI signet which can be found here:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/Image:PPI-signet.png

Currently we're in the process of setting up a statute draft and
fixing the conference in November (coretx and valio), redoing the
website (cwicket & techteam), improving the processes within the
coreteam (Duke).

The formal protocols can be acquired at
http://int.piratenpartei.de/Category:PPI_Coreteam_Minutes
Note: This is an ad interim wiki, that will be soon migrated to the
pp-international.net domain

with pirately Greetings
Samir and Patrick