[pp.int.general] Is PPFI capitalizing on the EUR3M+ verdict?

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Wed Oct 14 19:43:04 CEST 2009

BobaMa skrev:
> TTVK (Copyright Information & Anti-Piracy Centre In Finland,
> http://www.antipiracy.fi/inenglish/ ) wants 3.6 million euros from a
> private person who was a Direct Connect(DC++) server admin.

This reminds me of the case in Denmark against the owner of the
filesharing site divxit.dk from 2004, where the antipirates vanted DKK
6,789,420 from the private person behind the site. The person took the
case to court, and ended up paying DKK 75,000 to end the case before a
verdict: http://www.computerworld.dk/art/27614

So fighting in court can pay off, if you do not want to pay the fantasy
damages the antipirates demand, and get good lawyers. Of course this
depends on how corrupt your local court system is, as the Pirate Bay
case clearly shows.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.