[pp.int.general] US Pirate Party Support Tour - Ideas?

Justus Ršoemeth squig at dfpx.de
Mon Oct 19 17:14:18 CEST 2009

Ahoy

Before the Bundestag (=general) elections in Germany end of September
there were a few of us touring the country with a trailer, which hosted
a living room, symbolizing how easy it is for the government and other
institutions to get information about the citizens/customers, ...
More information (in German) is on the wiki (
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Gl%C3%A4sernes_Mobil ), maybe one of the
guys who helped organizing is reading on this list, otherwise you may be
able to reach one of the via the wiki. I am sure they'd be willing to
share informations and ideas (even though you have to keep in midn that
Germany is much denser populated than the US). The idea was that local
members of the party would provide flyers and even information counters
to be set up next to every station
they had on their tour.
As for places to visit, since German city centers have large pedestrian
zones, and more people, also those with bigger incomes, do use public
transportation, we were able to just go to the pedestrian zones or main
train stations, to reach a large number of pedestrians (people in cars
are way less likely to stop). I guess Campusses in the states have a
similair high frequency, possibly Malls, and maybe train stations in the
Eastern cities of the States. Get permission before you set anything up,
though, of course.

Cheers
Justus