[pp.int.general] Some parting thoughts

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:26:32 CEST 2009

2009/10/23 Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl>:
> You are simply reinventing copyright.

No I'm not, and I suggest you use inline comments (like I'm doing now)
so you can point out where I'm supposedly "reinventing copyright".

> Well, somehow it is reasonable. But
> often it is very unreasonable. If you believe that present copyright is OK,

I believe no such thing> My position is that non-commercial copying
should be legal, and the term of copyright should be shortened. This
is mainstream PP thinking.

> don't pollute the Pirate Party mailing list. Incidentally, the process you
> are going through is not uncommon. I heard the copyright reform guru Laurens

ITYM "Lawrence"

> Lessig
>
> I don't understand why you are so upset from by ideas about journalists.

I don't know what you mean.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer / Press Officer, Pirate Party UK