[pp.int.general] Regulation (Amelia Andersdotter)

erik ernst erikernstm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 14:22:34 CEST 2009

>Just like that! When companies and/or wish to restrict user freedoms and
>rights (which they basically seem to be wanting) it's important for the
>legislator to say "hey, we, the democratically elected representatives of
>European citizens, must step in and make sure users actually benefit from
>the technological development."

And by doing that, the legislators manage to end up restricting the users
freedoms and rights, instead of the evil companies. If we do not agree, we
wait 4 years, vote for someone else and then begin a process of reforming
the law. When an evil company tries to take away your rights, you simply
stop paying them, and go somewhere else. Unless you make your own company
and start competing with them.

When un-elected members of the European Council removes amendments that
guarantees basic fundamental human rights, we need to ask ourselves, who the
evils ones really are, or if there are any at all.

>Aiming for parliamentary seats means aiming to be a regulator:"

One might as well aim for a seat to stop regulation, but in regards to
netneutrality; regulating a freedom doesn't secure it per say. In my
opinion, netneutrality as we know it, is a tool to regulate the internet, in
order to secure what is known as "lawful information", obviously providing
an excellent excuse for striking at anything the un-elected  EU Council and
the US FCC regards as "unlawful information".

That's a more or less direct attack on our movement imo.

Deep Packet inspection will be enforced later on, in the now justified
search for "unlawful information"

As to am138, we could have guaranteed these rights with a few lines of text,
but we ended up spending years and millions of Euro participating in the
democratic circus, only to see the Council force its way. The best way of
proving integrity, would be to not vote for the text as it stands.

>what regulation benefits us, consumers and the public at large?

Indeed and what kind of regulations end up doing the opposite?

>how do we WANT the e-commerce directive to be?

Exactly, how do we want our future to be. The e-commerce directive is very
important, unfortunately we don't have enough people in the danish party to
get into it, as we are fighting for our existence, but I look forward to
reading what you come up with.