[pp.int.general] The Pirate Bay and the Pirate Party

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Sun Oct 25 21:19:10 CET 2009

Perhaps I should resurrect the initial inquiry. A friend of mine pointed
me to a great Latin phrase: Cēterīs paribus. It is used in philosophy to
examine an axiom or dynamic. ( See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutatis_mutandis and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceteris_paribus )
For a moment, let's assume that The Pirate Bay or BitTorrent weren't
apart of the equation. What would justify our purpose or existence? The
Free Culture movement certainly can, as can a large swath of students
and professors.

Richard Stallman wrote:
> If TPB promotes the Pirate Party, it would tend to support the statements
> that some people make that "You're just a bunch of criminals."
> This might be a reason not to do it.

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
United States Pirate Party
"Burn, Hollywood, Burn"