[pp.int.general] The Pirate Bay and the Pirate Party

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Mon Oct 26 08:44:59 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 08:15 +0100, Nicolas Sahlqvist wrote:
> We are actually saying the same thing although I begun by leaving the
> % out
> of the picture, to make it clear we should not need to worry about the
> big
> masses that can not make a clear distinction between TPB and PP since
> most
> of our supporters are doing there research why the debate regarding
> the
> clear line of distinction between TPB and PP is overrated.

I see one possible approach. A PP hosted/controlled landing page that is
aimed specifically at people using certain types of file sharing to
commit copyright infringement.

You can clearly, and up-front, disavow any approval of copyright
infringement ("Don't join the Pirate Party if you just want free TV and
movies"), then present the aspects of PP philosophy that they might care
about. Most coming from somewhere like TPB will just leave, but you'd
net some.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil