[pp.int.general] The Pirate Bay and the Pirate Party

Ed Galligan ed.galligan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:17:35 CET 2009

@Glenn Kerbein, @Brian McNeil
Brian has stated that the GPS/knife analogy is "wrong in quite a number of
ways" - and then continues by describing how bittorrent works and giving
some (seemingly irrelevant) history of TPB's PR habits, neither of which
demonstrated to me how the analogy is "wrong" in any way whatever.

Despite that, I do think I'd have to side with rms and charly on this, not
because I take issue with TPB, but simply because of the perception of us as
"The Pirate Bay Party" - the 80-20% argument here seems to assume that
everyone who fileshares will automatically be willing to support any
filesharing-related political movement (or will even have the remotest
interest in the politics behind it) - this is not the case.