[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Ed Galligan ed.galligan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:31:05 CET 2009

This is a truly awful idea on so many levels.

Firstly, on principle, we should be protesting the "industry" exclusively.
Regardless of individual artists' opinions, they are not the ones actively
cracking down on sharing and profiting from anti-piracy litigation. Nor are
they in any way the architects of the current system.

Secondly, on a pragmatic level - imagine turning up at any concert with an
audience full of fans and attempting to protest the one person they are
*devoted* enough to to pay to come and see live. Hardly the ideal approach.

We need positive educational approach to bringing people around to the
reality of IP - negative, combative ideas like this just create dissent.