[pp.int.general] Environmentalists and pirates, free information perspective

Ed Galligan ed.galligan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:00:16 CET 2009

I assume everyone's well aware of Toyota's alleged attempts to prevent
competitors developing "green" technology (
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124640553503576637.html )

Whatever the specific relevance of that case, it is at least the kind of
well recognisable brand/product that's easy to relate to when explaining to
people the need for green technology transfer, and the dangers of
restrictive commerce oriented patents.

> I think there's another way in which Pirates can gain electorally from
> the climate issue. Our core competency is on internet and copmuting
> policy, and the internet and computers are seen as high technology.
> Therefore it ought to be easy ofr PP to gain an imiage of being
> comfortable with, understanding, and in favour of technology, and able
> to propose appropriate technological solutions to making everyone's
> lives better.

Tele-commuting?