[pp.int.general] Environmentalists and pirates, free information perspective

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:46:58 CET 2009

2009/10/27 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>:
> Stopping global warming is supremely important, indeed vital to avoid
> worldwide disaster.  Since electricity used by computers is a tiny
> fraction, recommendations need to be based on overall emissions, not
> focused on computers.

The think to do is generate electricity without incurring carbon
emissions, e.g. using nuclear, solar, tidal, hydroelectric, wind, etc.

> I don't decide Pirate Party policies, but I think the right thing to
> do is to tell business to jump in the lake,

How do you do that withoutdecreasing people's standard of living?

> and enforce major emissions
> cuts in the coming few years.

and use energy more efficiently.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer / Press Officer, Pirate Party UK