[pp.int.general] La Quadrature du Net: Amendment 138 dead by lack of courage of the Parliament

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Tue Oct 27 17:23:08 CET 2009

I think that you're misinterpreting what the document is stipulating. Al
 Franken, during a summit with the Future of Music Coalition, elaborated
on the subject (as did Mike Mills of REM):
http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/10/05/HP/A/23996/The+Future+of+Music+Policy+Summit+2009.aspx
. It's 50 minutes long, but it's a great watch.
However, the inverse is being pushed through congress (mostly by
Republican Senators). The inappropriately named "Internet freedom act"
[S.1836] would prohibit the FCC from proposing regulations on ISPs to
/not/ favor one type or source of traffic over another. The law must be
upheld, and the FCC is making that clear: illicit activity (like willful
copyright infringement) must not be sanctioned.

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
United States Pirate Party
"Burn, Hollywood, Burn"
http://www.pirate-party.us/