[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Thu Oct 29 11:29:12 CET 2009

>> You mean a work, that cannot be easily copied?
>
> Per definition a normal 8 - 5 work is not as a music artist, you can not
> copy the work someone does at the cash register in a supermarket, can you,
> cay you copy the food that he charges his customers for? Nope, that is not
> in the scope of a 3d printer.. ;)

So if an artist practices 8-5 a day so he can play his instruments better,
you would not accept this as work?

>> > I do not feel like there revenue stream is my problem to be honest.
>>
>> Well, if you do not want to pay artists for working, I hope you only
>> consume free art - as there are hundreds of terabytes out there. Simply
>> taking something because you can do so is a little bit unfair - from my
>> point of view.
>>
> I pay them without paying myself, most radio channels on the net that
> you
> can stream are financed by advertising like it works on Spotify, Shoutcast
> etc.

So you do pay for music. :)

> Please tell me how to live in this world and only consume free art, you
> have
> to find a very very very isolated island to avoid being spammed with
> commercial media.

You can download tons of free music from the internet. Music, where the
artists are glad if you share it. I prefere to listen to that kind of
music instead of download stuff from people, that pay lawyers to rip of
poor mothers.

Christian