[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:02:25 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de

> >> artists

> >> suppose?
> >>
> >> Come on. You can do this better. Do you really see no difference
> >> beetween
> >> a shepherd playing flute and beethoven or madonna?
> >>

> > Madonna? Do you really want me to answer? :P How many records did
> > Beethoven
> > sell when he was alive?
>
> That's the point. That time the modell to sell music was totally
> different. Would you like it, if musicians would be only paied by rich
> people who allow just their friends to visit the concerts?
>
> The biggest problem of the music industrie is (according to the ceo of
> sony music germany), that due to less money especially new artists don't
> get the chance to produce good records. Without those records, you don't
> have anything to share. And at the end, you do not have a concert to
> visit. :9

I also have to add that there's never been so many live concerts as
nowadays, and as the piece of news I linked before, people are paying the
double than years before, and at the same time records are the lowest in
decades, so your argument here makes not so much sense.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de
> wrote:

> Hi Eduardo ,
>
> > I've said this before and it seems that I need to say it again: In
> > Spain you're legally allowed to download music.
>
> From noncommercials sites. As soon as someone gains money be spreading
> music, he'll be prosecuted.

Yes, but if they link to a torrent, they earn money from ads and they don't
have a tracker, they are not doing anything illegal. There's a sentence or
two on this matter.

> > It's our right to do
> > so. And yes, if you record your music in a studio it can be costly,
> > but that doesn't change the fact. And I also think that if artists
> > don't want their music to be shared, they shouldn't put it in the
> > tubes.
>
> If you are not strong enough, to protect your work, I just take it away.
> Is that the pirate way? I thought pirates would respect other's wishes -
> unless they'd got harmed by respecting them.

Artists want us to buy ice to the ice seller, we are just buying new
refrigerators.

> > Music existed before the industry and it will exist after it.
> > Their failed business model is not my problem. They should adapt to
> > the new technologies. Ice sellers could have protested all they wanted
> > when refrigerators started to appear.
>
> So from your point of view it is fair and right to consume music, just
> because the creators cannot protect it?

I think what he's trying to say is that you can not stop technological
advances like those.