[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Fri Oct 30 14:35:35 CET 2009

Raquero wrote:
> Ok, now it is clear. Curiously, this is the same meaning that the big
> online music sellers and  artist's rights protectors lobbies/companies
> use.

Yeah. But they use it in other way. The argue, that it is a matter of
rights. I think it is a matter of respect. If an artist does not want me
to consume his work - his problem. There is enough other stuff out there.

> As along the history has evolved and changed the way
> things happen, science of phisics can give us a clue. Last century if i
> had four bananas and and i give to you two, i keep the other two.
> Nowadays, if i
> have four ogg files and i give you two i keep the same four (if backup
> still
> automated). The tale of this is that we can not see or act on new
> things/technologies with the eyes of the last century. This is what, in
> other
> words, are trying to spread or make default behaviour, "saviours of modern
> culture".

Technically I am 100% on your side. I know, that is impossible to prevent
data from beeing shared. So I fight laws that try to do this. But I also
want people to respect the wishes the creatives have - and support those,
who create free cultural work.

Christian