[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Oct 31 12:07:18 CET 2009

    Yeah. But they use it in other way. The argue, that it is a matter of
    rights. I think it is a matter of respect. If an artist does not want me
    to consume his work - his problem.

Listening to recorded music does not consume the recording.
Running a program does not consume the program.
This basic fact is the reason why the issues we are concerned with
are real and important issues.

To refer to using a work as "consuming" it is not only misleading.  It
also suggests a narrowly economistic way to look at the issues.  So it
is best avoided.  See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html.

You seem to be running through all the argumemts and all the
propaganda terms that the publishers use.  It would seem that you
are actually their supporter.

It is not up to me to decide what if anything to do about that.
I bring it to the attention of the list so that others can decide.