[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sat Oct 31 19:23:56 CET 2009

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) wrote:
>>> Then tell me in what way politicians had a responsibility for providing
>>> alternative livelihood for, say, slave traders.
>>>
>> Do really mean, holding people as slaves is as harmless as as not
>> providing free access to the results of your creative work?
>>
> You are arguing dishonestly here. You are accusing me of making a
> completely different point than the one I was responding to.
>
> You claimed that if politicians modify laws that are created to protect
> a business, those politicians are bound to provide living for the
> previously protected. I claimed that this is not the case at all, and
> countered with a valid example demonstrating my point.

And I wanted to stress that holding humans as slave is a crime. It
breaks basic human rights.

If you are not allowed to copy anything for free, I do not see this as
breakage of humans rights. Ok, article 27 of the humans rights grants
everyone the right to freely participate in the cultural life of the
community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and
its benefits.

But it also states:
| Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material
| interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic
| production of which he is the author.

So I think, we have to find a balance between free access for everbody
to everything and the author's right. Here we are always taking about
consumers rights. What rights do we want to grant to authors?

Christian