[pp.int.general] Internet Manifesto

Benjamin Claverie verieben at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:16:43 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 17:03, JaRrr <jarrr at pirateparty.be> wrote:

> This is a new German "Kulturkampf". Shouldn't we join ?
>
> We should be very carefull about this, those 15 people have many amongst
them who are infamous for shameless selfpromotion. The "manifest" has been
received with some criticism, the guardian has a fun translation ;)

In the end I agree with Stallman, it doesn't get it right, and i don't
really think those 15 people are the best place to "lead" or "represent" us
in an ongoing Kulturkampf, even though they are trying hard to be that (and
thus gain mainstream media attention).

I think we shouldn't bother, if asked, say it's in some place a good poke in
the right direction, nothing more, nothing less. Especially when it comes to
copyright, they are at least unclear, but probably simply wrong. It is silly
to believe you could have control over how people consume culture even if
you "produced" it. I think they should explain what they had in mind,
especially when they say that "Ownership entails obligations" (some mught
say they meant "property obliges"). This might be a make or break.