[pp.int.general] Greens saying Pirate Parties unnecessary

Eric Priezkalns eric.priezkalns at pirateparty.org.uk
Tue Sep 15 14:26:45 CEST 2009

Jamie,

I don't understand your point.  The Canadians and other Green parties
say there is no need for a Pirate Party because they have the relevant
policies already.  You respond by saying this is not just propaganda -
does that mean you don't think there is a need for a Pirate Party?
When other parties say they have green policies, do the Greens say
"look, they have green policies - we don't need to exist"?  My
question wasn't about whether people have a nice fuzzy feeling about
the Greens deep down in their soul or whether we think the Greens are
run by lovely people with their hearts in the right place when it
comes to intellectual property.  It was about how they are using
propaganda to hurt the Pirate Parties and asking how the Pirate
Parties intend to respond.  Either the response is collective at
international level, or it will have to be done at national level,
because somebody has to respond.  Green candidates are going to
compete with Pirate candidates for the same votes.  If Green Parties
say there is no need for Pirate Parties and point to the European
Parliament as evidence, the correct answer from a Pirate Party
spokesperson or candidate cannot be to simply comment on what a good
job the Greens would do if they were elected instead of the Pirate
Party's candidate.