[pp.int.general] Greens saying Pirate Parties unnecessary

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Wed Sep 16 17:53:33 CEST 2009

Richard Stallman wrote:
>     2) The Pirate Party prioritizes IP reform and protecting privacy.
>
> Please don't call the topic "IP".
I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is a reason we talk of
"copyrights and patents", and never... that term.

That is visible in the very first paragraph of our principles:

We wish to change global legislation to facilitate the emerging
information society, which is characterized by diversity and openness.
We do this by requiring an increased level of respect for the citizens
and their right to privacy, as well as reforms to copyright and patent law.