[pp.int.general] Lack of Press presence

Joonas Mäkinen joonasd6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:09:30 CEST 2009

With the Wikipedia articles there are also two additional problems:
1. Their policy of no own research. This pretty much means that the PPs
themselves should not edit the articles. Well, I'm ready to abandon this
rule for the sake of information, at least in the beginning.

2. Articles on different pirate parties are not made equally. I understand
that in the beginning it was sensible that the article Pirate Party stood
for Piratpartiet, but now and in the future this does nto seem sensible to
me. I'd prefer the article Pirate Party (with all its translations) to talk
about the general movement and agenda of different pirate parties and
perhaps Pirate_Party_(country) could be the name of the name of the article
of the PP of a certain country. What do you people think?

2009/9/21 Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com>

> Ahoi,
> I've just tried a comparison of the Wikipedia articles for Pirate Parties
> and other parties, and the result is pretty bleak.
> For example, the German Pirate Party:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Pirate_Party, while the French Radical
> Left (with no influence) get thrice as much:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Anticapitalist_Party, or the German
> "eco-democrats": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_Democratic_Party.
>
> Could we have a committee that will fill out the international matrix
> (meaning an article in language X about Pirate Party Y) at least to the
> point that we're not lost - in the informational sense - among the
> microparties?
>
> Greets,
> Boris

Joonas "JoonasD6" Mäkinen