[pp.int.general] Lack of Press presence

Janne Paalijarvi jpaalija at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:39:47 CEST 2009

2009/9/21 Joonas Mäkinen <joonasd6 at gmail.com>:
> With the Wikipedia articles there are also two additional problems:
> 1. Their policy of no own research. This pretty much means that the PPs
> themselves should not edit the articles. Well, I'm ready to abandon this
> rule for the sake of information, at least in the beginning.

If I remember correctly there is a rule "If a rule prevents you from
improving or maintaining Wikipedia, ignore it." :)

> 2. Articles on different pirate parties are not made equally. I understand
> that in the beginning it was sensible that the article Pirate Party stood
> for Piratpartiet, but now and in the future this does nto seem sensible to
> me. I'd prefer the article Pirate Party (with all its translations) to talk
> about the general movement and agenda of different pirate parties and
> perhaps Pirate_Party_(country) could be the name of the name of the article
> of the PP of a certain country. What do you people think?

Sounds reasonable. We can always use the necessary redirections, for
example form PiratPartiet => Pirate_Party_(Sweden), etc. But this
needs more discussion, both here on the list and on the Wikipedia talk
page for Pirate_Party.

Janne Paalijärvi