[pp.int.general] EU block filter

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Apr 1 08:35:59 CEST 2010

> killing?  Should fictional killing be banned because real killing is
> bad?

I recall our minister of justice (a (conservative) Christian Democrat former
law professor) saying that virtual child porn must be banned too because
pedophiles must "learn to respect children".  In my opinion, that is a
violation of the ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Pedophilia just happens to people. of course, they should refrain from ANY
form of "practicing their preferences", but forbidding virtual child porn?
In the past, the argument used to be that virtual and real child porn are
too hard to distinguish to make a legal difference.

Anyway, there are voices too that violent games should be banned ... because
they may make people really violent. But whatever, if that kind of games are
forbidden, filtering is still a nogo for me. Criminal prosecution after
publication is OK< preventing publication beforehand is censorship.

reinier