[pp.int.general] EU block filter

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Apr 1 07:06:25 CEST 2010

    I, too, have a problem with cartoons or novels depicting child porn
    being treated in basically the same way as pronography in which children
    are actually being abused,

How about depicting murder?  Murder is as bad as rape in my opinion,
and we don't want to encourage people to get a taste for murder,
any more than we want to encourage people to get a taste for rape.

We would surely agree that killing someone in order to film the act
should be prosecuted as murder.  However, what about movies that
present killing but are made without harming any real person?  What
about animation depicting killing?  What about text describing
killing?  Should fictional killing be banned because real killing is
bad?