[pp.int.general] Fake Rolex

Jouni Snellman jounisnellman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 04:58:01 CEST 2010

We shouldn´t forget the original meaning of trademarks: to provide useful
information about the product. When the King ordered swords for his army, he
wanted them to be individually signed by whoever made them....  Compare that
with today´s situation. What is a fake Rolex anyway? or a fake Nokia? Global
trademarks make it possible for the corporations to hide behind the bamboo
curtain.