[pp.int.general] Fake Rolex

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Apr 14 07:12:12 CEST 2010

> Or perhaps, we shouldn't have trademark laws that are designed to protect
> companies. Instead we could have laws that protect consumers from
> fraudulent naming of products (e.g. naming things so that the consumer is
> likely to mistake the product for another).

First Council Directive 89/104/EEC of 21 December 1988 to approximate the
laws of the Member States relating to trade marks
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31989L0104:EN:NOT
Art. 3.1(g) grounds for refusal/invalidity:
trade marks which are of such a nature as to deceive the public, for
instance as to the nature, quality or geographicai origin of the goods or
service;

Read the f******g statute!
reinier