[pp.int.general] The Pirate party was officially founded in Bulgaria Sunday

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Wed Apr 14 20:38:26 CEST 2010

On 13.04.2010, at 11:46, Bogomil Bogo Shopov wrote:

> The Pirate party was officially founded in Bulgaria Sunday

Here again the congratlations from Germany:

Dear Pirates from Bulgaria,

we want to wholeheartedly congratulate you on the formation of the
Pirate Party of Bulgaria.

At the time the Pirate Party in Germany was founded in September 2006,
there were only 53 Pirates and we had to beg the press, to write
something about us, to get some attention. Up until the European
elections in June 2009 we had only 900 members and we had a hard time
convincing the press of our determination, while many saw us merely as
a for-fun party.

Today we have over 12,000 members and there is hardly anyone left, who
would question the seriousness of our concerns, so that even the
founding events of our smaller geographical
sub-divisions are now getting more press participation then the
foundation event of the whole Pirate Party of Germany back in 2006.

But not only the Pirate Party of Germany has grown, all over the world
the ideas of the Pirate Movement are spreading rapidly, so that there
are now Pirate Parties in over 40 countries and counting. This is why
the international umbrella organization of pirates (pp-international)
is going to face its founding next weekend in Brussels, and we are
looking forward to meet representatives from the Pirate Party of
Bulgaria at this event.

The attempt to make the politics free from the ideological overloaded
beliefs, the one that sees the world as a whole, a world where we can
express our opinions freely, where information is accessible to
everyone and where we can collaborate without efforts, is the one the
young people seem to have been waiting for. With affability and
competence we win more and more people over for our ideas, while we
try to not to miss out the fun at work.

We earnestly desire that the Bulgarian Pirate Party would have a super
start and we will hopefully soon welcome you as a strong partner in
the international pirate family.

Always fair winds and following seas,

Thorsten Wirth, member of the Board of the Pirate Party of Germany
Jan Marten Simons, member of the Board of the Pirate Party of  Germany
Gregory Engels, international coordinator for the Pirate Party of
Germany

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany