[pp.int.general] The Pirate party was officially founded in Bulgaria Sunday

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov bogo at piratskapartia.bg
Wed Apr 14 21:03:58 CEST 2010

Danke shon :)

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Gregory Engels <
Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de> wrote:

> On 13.04.2010, at 11:46, Bogomil Bogo Shopov wrote:
>
> The Pirate party was officially founded in Bulgaria Sunday
>

> Here again the congratlations from Germany:
>
> Dear Pirates from Bulgaria,
>
> we want to wholeheartedly congratulate you on the formation of the Pirate
> Party of Bulgaria.
>
> At the time the Pirate Party in Germany was founded in September 2006,
> there were only 53 Pirates and we had to beg the press, to write something
> about us, to get some attention. Up until the European elections in June
> 2009 we had only 900 members and we had a hard time convincing the press of
> our determination, while many saw us merely as a for-fun party.
>
> Today we have over 12,000 members and there is hardly anyone left, who
> would question the seriousness of our concerns, so that even the founding
> events of our smaller geographical
> sub-divisions are now getting more press participation then the foundation
> event of the whole Pirate Party of Germany back in 2006.
>
> But not only the Pirate Party of Germany has grown, all over the world the
> ideas of the Pirate Movement are spreading rapidly, so that there are now
> Pirate Parties in over 40 countries and counting. This is why the
> international umbrella organization of pirates (pp-international) is going
> to face its founding next weekend in Brussels, and we are looking forward to
> meet representatives from the Pirate Party of Bulgaria at this event.
>
> The attempt to make the politics free from the ideological overloaded
> beliefs, the one that sees the world as a whole, a world where we can
> express our opinions freely, where information is accessible to everyone and
> where we can collaborate without efforts, is the one the young people seem
> to have been waiting for. With affability and competence we win more and
> more people over for our ideas, while we try to not to miss out the fun at
> work.
>
> We earnestly desire that the Bulgarian Pirate Party would have a super
> start and we will hopefully soon welcome you as a strong partner in the
> international pirate family.
>
> Always fair winds and following seas,
>
> Thorsten Wirth, member of the Board of the Pirate Party of Germany
> Jan Marten Simons, member of the Board of the Pirate Party of  Germany
> Gregory Engels, international coordinator for the Pirate Party of Germany
>

> Gregory Engels
> International Coordinator
> Pirate Party of Germany
>
> mobile: +49 172 853 44 91
> skype:gregory.engels
> jabber:dichter at jabber.piratenpartei.de

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
Pirate Party Bulgaria
http://piratskapartia.bg

Blogger, FOSS and Mozilla advocate, Digital Rights Warrior.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/bogomep
Blog: http://mozgull.bogomil.info
CV: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bogomil
GPG: 0x03CCF750