[pp.int.general] GOODBYE!

Justus Ršoemeth squig at dfpx.de
Sat Apr 17 11:36:39 CEST 2010

Appearantly (as can be read on the Dutch mailing liist) This is becausde
of the incident described in the following report:
http://kalthras.wordpress.com/ (in dutch only)
It's written by a Dutch (or Flemish) student of journalism who's
following the pirates at the PPI conference. He went with them to the
social gathering, where he had some, according to him, relaxed
conversations with a few pirates, until he came to stand next to
Reinier, who asked him "in an agressive tone" why was still with them.
The journalist was a bit perplexed by that question and asked back what
Reinier thought the reason was he would be following him (sounds more
wiseass in English than in Dutch somehow), and as an answer Reinier
pushed or threw him on the ground.
Apparently other pirates and the bar staff quickly went between the two
and tried to calm Reinier, but, as witnessed on this mailing list, that
didn't help much. According to the article Reinier is no longer on the
list of candidates (he was #3 if my memory serves me right) for the
upcoming Dutch election.
I'd be interested in hearing Reinier's version of the story as well as
those of the other pirates that were at the meeting.

Cheers
Justus