[pp.int.general] Election Results

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Mon Apr 19 22:26:07 CEST 2010

Il 18/04/2010 15:43, Perline ha scritto:
> 14 proposals
> 7 elected
> no woman (2 proposals)

Hi Perline,
who was the other woman? I thought you were the only one.

> (bit.ly/ble9v0)

If I understood correctly (I don't read french very well), you think
that women were actively barred from being elected in the board and that
there is male chauvinism in Pirate Parties International?

It's a fact that women were discriminated, but I think they were
discriminated by an unaware majority and not on purpose. IMHO it's a
case of "not being exclusive":

http://blog.themerchgirl.net/post/497836296/being-inclusive-vs-not-being-exclusive

I think we should address this issue as soon as possible, both on the
national and international level.

Also, I think there is a similar situation for non-europeans (3 proposals).

--
Marco Confalonieri
Associazione Partito Pirata (PP Italy)