[pp.int.general] Electronic votes and safety + Election Results

Perline-Parti Pirate (fr) perline at partipirate.org
Tue Apr 20 20:28:59 CEST 2010

As the very new technical vote was "decided" in a few minutes, without any explanation of the real consequences.
When it was too late, when everybody was tired.

I am not sure that people voted with in mind the differences between this brand new system with the common votes.

It was so confused that they did not checked if all the present PP delegates had voted.
I know at least one who did not vote and nobody told to this representative of this country did not vote because, it was
the confusion.

I should like to see the ballots because we could have a simulation between the way it was counted (nobody in the
assembly had no idea of really what it is, how it is made, what as the counts really), how it was entered in the
software, and the way it should be counted with our common way of election.

So I am sure that the mathematicians in this list <;-) should love to make this simulation to compare both results :

- - the electronically count, and I am not sure that I understood right how it works : the "first of the list has more
points that the second one". For me it means that if somebody has its name on all the ballots at the end of the list, he
has less chances to be elected that somebody who is present in half of the paper but at the top of the list.

- - the common count : one name anywhere in the list, one point.

"> It's a classic. The ones who did not get elected will start attacking
> the voting system, the integrity of the people managing it, unfairness
> in rules of procedure, etc, etc.
"
Just let me laught, it is just a very good excuse not to thinks about reality !
I didn't wait for this election, since more than 50 years, to participate to elections, winning sometimes, and loosing
sometimes !
I am not 21 with a brand new tie and suitcase and the big ambition for all my future life in politics, being elected in
the PPI board !

I spent 20 years of my life very close from a, now pretty big, party and was a parliamentary assistant during more than
10 years, until one month ago.
So, to be elected or not in the PPI board is not a big deal, and let me more time for PP in France.

At the contrary, no women, no outside Europe elected IS a big deal, everybody should be upset of.
But this is another problem, and for this, I can tell that I am really, really really disappointed.

But as nobody is indispensable, I am not for the PPI !

Le Mardi 20 Avril 2010 11:39:40 Jurgen Rateau aka JaRrr <jarrr at pirateparty.be>, dans un message intitulé "Re:
[pp.int.general] Electronic votes and safety + Election Results" nous a informés :

- --
****Fin du message end - Signature****
Perline at partipirate.org
http://2010.parti-pirate-elections.fr/
http://PartiPirate.org

Ce message est couvert par le secret de la correspondance
(art. 226-15 et 432-9 du Code pénal)