[pp.int.general] Electronic votes and safety + Election Results

Jurgen Rateau aka JaRrr jarrr at pirateparty.be
Wed Apr 21 00:13:03 CEST 2010

Perline please. The "at least one person" is in reality ONLY ONE PERSON.
Fact is that person has been superceded by an Internet vote cast by her
own party online. This vote hasn't been lost due to confusion.
Also you should know this as this person stays at yours at this very
time if I understood well.
I really don't understand what you are trying to do here.

I checked http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_board_candidates_2010 and
didn't find anything stating you'd like to be the representative of the
Pirate Girls on the board. I'm quite sure that if you would have done so
you would have found an audience as you were free to do your campaigning
before the conference.

As for you wanting to see the ballots well ... I'm quite sure the board
people will be very happy to show them to you. You can join them by mail
at coreteam at pp-international.net.
Same goes for your griefs and suggestions. Sending them to the board
will for sure enable them to improve next conference.

I hope we can stop this online flaming now?

Regards,

Jurgen

On 20/04/2010 20:28, Perline-Parti Pirate (fr) wrote:
> As the very new technical vote was "decided" in a few minutes, without
> any explanation of the real consequences.
> When it was too late, when everybody was tired.
>
> I am not sure that people voted with in mind the differences between
> this brand new system with the common votes.
>
> It was so confused that they did not checked if all the present PP
> delegates had voted.
> I know at least one who did not vote and nobody told to this
> representative of this country did not vote because, it was
> the confusion.
>
> I should like to see the ballots because we could have a simulation
> between the way it was counted (nobody in the
> assembly had no idea of really what it is, how it is made, what as the
> counts really), how it was entered in the
> software, and the way it should be counted with our common way of
> election.
>
> So I am sure that the mathematicians in this list <;-) should love to
> make this simulation to compare both results :
>
> - the electronically count, and I am not sure that I understood right
> how it works : the "first of the list has more
> points that the second one". For me it means that if somebody has its
> name on all the ballots at the end of the list, he
> has less chances to be elected that somebody who is present in half of
> the paper but at the top of the list.
>
> - the common count : one name anywhere in the list, one point.
>

> "> It's a classic. The ones who did not get elected will start attacking
> > the voting system, the integrity of the people managing it, unfairness
> > in rules of procedure, etc, etc.
> "
> Just let me laught, it is just a very good excuse not to thinks about
> reality !
> I didn't wait for this election, since more than 50 years, to
> participate to elections, winning sometimes, and loosing
> sometimes !
> I am not 21 with a brand new tie and suitcase and the big ambition for
> all my future life in politics, being elected in
> the PPI board !
>
> I spent 20 years of my life very close from a, now pretty big, party
> and was a parliamentary assistant during more than
> 10 years, until one month ago.
> So, to be elected or not in the PPI board is not a big deal, and let
> me more time for PP in France.
>
> At the contrary, no women, no outside Europe elected IS a big deal,
> everybody should be upset of.
> But this is another problem, and for this, I can tell that I am
> really, really really disappointed.
>
> But as nobody is indispensable, I am not for the PPI !
>

> Le Mardi 20 Avril 2010 11:39:40 Jurgen Rateau aka JaRrr
> <jarrr at pirateparty.be>, dans un message intitulé "Re:
> [pp.int.general] Electronic votes and safety + Election Results" nous
> a informés :

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net