[pp.int.general] ACTA negotiations released today

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:30:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

ACTA negotiation documents was released today, you can find them here:
trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/press/index.cfm?id=552

I see this as a victory for the Pirate movement considering we started
addressing the issue very LOUD on the Net and other parties had to act in
our direction and the result is improved transparency!

The battle is still not won, I remember the slippery commissioner at the
ACTA Stakeholders Meeting saying that they will only release what is agreed
upon so the rest would be secret so transparency is still a issue:
trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/press/index.cfm?id=517&serie=318&langId=en

La Quadrature Du Net seems to share my opinion:
www.laquadrature.net/en/acta-partial-transparency-isnt-legitimacy

I think the plan to push our MEP's to sign the Written Declaration 12/2010
about ACTA is a good way to proceed:
www.laquadrature.net/wiki/Help_sign_the_Written_Declaration_12/2010_about_ACTA

Please feel free to forward this!

- Nicolas