[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Rodrigo Pereira rodripe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 21:20:38 CEST 2010

rodrix

2010/4/21 W Tovey <will.tovey at pp-international.net>

>  That would be nice, but where does that money come from? We were only able
> to get any money for the last conference because we fudged some details and
> visited the European Parliament. Until it gets some kind of major donations
> (of the order of €100,000 - shouldn't be too much for some companies who
> might be interested in our cause) PPI isn't going to be able to fund
> anything by itself.
>
> Now, if PPI had membership fees.... but no, that would never work and we
> are nearly all opposed to that.
> So, that just leaves donations from Pirate Parties; except most parties are
> desperately trying to raise money for themselves and don't have anything to
> spare (I know the UK is).

For this conference, we significantly deplete the capacity of our donors. If
this is a hack, this is a hack to harm the countries outside Europe that had
no ability to send a delegate.

We could have used that money in our development but we would rather go to
Europe to see this farce.

Has some way to get money back?

This stupidity has cost to us EUR 1194.43 . We can send the vouchers to you.

This is equivalent to 200 shirts in Brazil

But, we signed the statutes, congratulations... :\