[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

W Tovey will.tovey at pp-international.net
Wed Apr 21 20:59:07 CEST 2010

That would be nice, but where does that money come from? We were only
able to get any money for the last conference because we fudged some
details and visited the European Parliament. Until it gets some kind of
major donations (of the order of EUR100,000 - shouldn't be too much for
some companies who might be interested in our cause) PPI isn't going to
be able to fund anything by itself.

Now, if PPI had membership fees.... but no, that would never work and we
are nearly all opposed to that.
So, that just leaves donations from Pirate Parties; except most parties
are desperately trying to raise money for themselves and don't have
anything to spare (I know the UK is).

In summary; PPI doesn't have any money and so can't fund anything.

-Will

On 21/04/2010 19:37, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:
> 2010/4/21 Nicolas Sahlqvist <nicco77 at gmail.com>
>
>> I tend to think that the form of PPI will not make it more or less
international, it is rather the way we push for PPI to become more