[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Thu Apr 22 15:39:05 CEST 2010

On 21.04.2010, at 19:51, Alex wrote:

> i agree. 1 vote per country makes no sense. and it also implies no
> flexibility whatsoever.
> what if 1 country has more than 1 party?

in the current statutes there can be only one Ordinary Member
per country, and if there are more than one party in a country,
they can form a federation and join together. They still will be
sharing a single vote.

> and what about organizations
> like FSF, FCM,
> IT-Pol, EFF, ORG, PPF, AEL, FKI, FFII etc etc. They could be part of
> PPI. Officially.
> basically they are part of the movement already, well... sort of.

Every organization (including young pirates and regional pirate parties)
can submit an application to join. It is for the General Assembly to
decide
what status they will grant them, Ordinary or Observer Member.
But the bar for Ordinary Membership is quite high, so only national
pirate parties can easily meet the criteria for Ordinary Membership.

hope that clears some issues,

Gregory