[pp.int.general] The conference - what went wrong; how can we do better?

Alexander Bock alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de
Thu Apr 22 17:37:44 CEST 2010

Am 22.04.2010 um 17:21 schrieb Fedor Khod'kov:

> In the UN, each country is represented by their (supposedly) legitimate
> government.  Is there any way to determine who is legitimate
> representative of some country's pirates if different parties from this
> country fail to form a federation?  Or the country will be represented
> by party who has the right to represent their country and vote simply
> because they were first to claim a place in PPI?

Countries are represented by the whoever is in power, not necessarily by their legitimate government (i.e. elected etc.).

To be frank, I don't have the ultimate answer. But, to add another question: how do you stop abuse if every party gets to join with full rights? You could formally split the German party into 16 single ones (one for each German state), would Germans then get 16 votes instead of one?

The way it is now the GA will simply vote on such matters. If there is more than one party in a country, the GA will determine which one is the legitimate representative. Pretty much the same way the UN chose the PRC over the ROC (Resolution 2758).

Alex